- Race Ratings Changes in 24 House Contests
- Race Ratings Changes in 8 Gubernatorial Contests
- Ratings Changes in Key Senate Contests
- DCCC Books Airtime to Defend 2 More Incumbents (Video)
- Democrats Losing Youth Vote: Millennials Turning to the GOP
Enzi Clobbers Cheney in First Public Poll of Primary #WYSEN
Posted at 12:49 p.m. on July 19, 2013
A new poll shows Sen. Michael B. Enzi, R-Wyo., with a considerable lead over his primary opponent, just days after Liz Cheney announced she would challenge him.
Enzi led Cheney, 55 percent to 21 percent, in a survey from Harper Polling, a Republican firm.
Earlier this week Cheney, who is daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, announced she would challenge the three-term Republican.
Enzi also had a high favorability rating of 74 percent in the poll. Cheney had a 45 percent favorability rating.
The poll surveyed 422 likely GOP primary voters via live operator calls on July 17 and 18, and has a margin of error of 4.77 points.
The Wyoming Senate seat is rated a Safe Republican contest by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.